Fibromyalgia is a condition that causes pain all over the body. It is classified as a long-term condition as people can experience its symptoms for long periods of time and can have flare ups where they experience intense periods of pain.
Other symptoms that are associated with the condition can include:
- Extreme fatigue
- Sleep issues
- Muscle problems such as stiffness and tension
- Mental cognition problems such as problems with concentration and memory
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
In some cases individuals may need to use Mobility Aids like the ones that you can see at places like Ability Superstore . These can help during flare ups when the pain can become very intense and the fatigue can mean that they need support with movement and other functions.
There is no cure for Fibromyalgia at the moment but there are treatments that can be used to help reduce some of the symptoms.
- Therapies such as CBT and other psychotherapies cna help the individual cope with the impact the symptoms can have on their daily lives, as well as helping them with pain management techniques.
- Painkillers and antidepressants are often prescribed for those with Fibromyalgia.
- Exercise and relaxation techniques can also help with many of the symptoms that can occur with the condition.
It is not fully known what causes Fibromyalgia and much more research is needed into the condition in order to understand why it occurs and to find ways in which people with the condition can be supported.