Camping is a great pastime enjoyed by many people from all walks of life and all ages. It is great for kids, adult hikers, even teenagers wanting to get away. The Covid-19 pandemic has meant that we’ve been stuck indoors for an unnaturally long time. I have been itching to be free of my four walls and get out in nature to see the beauty that it is. Camping is a great way to escape the buzz of everyday life, and to reconnect with the natural world where we truly belong. Here are five things I love about camping.
- It is free! Few things are free nowadays, but apart from buying the things you need such as a good tent, and sleeping bag to name a few items (you can buy these at the Camping Shop Dublin), you do not have to book anything or spend extortionate amounts of money to experience the amazing view of a starry sky, and the peace of the countryside.
- There is something for everyone to enjoy. When camping with your family, there is something every member, no matter their age, could do. The children can explore nature and use their imaginations, and the adults can swim if there is a lake, hike, or relax and read!
- Camping improves your ability to solve problems. This is great for children and adults, as sleeping in a setting forces you to have to use your brain to figure out the best way to do things.
- It’s a great way to disconnect. Living without wi-fi may seem scary to some, but trust me, it can really help you unwind and reset the nervous system.
- It improves your sleep. Camping may not be that comfy, however, as your main light source will be natural, your body’s circadian rhythm will reset, and this can improve your sleep in the long term.