Steel is used in many different ways and in many different business industries. So whether you are looking for steel kitchen equipment or Steel Shelving like the ones you can see from https://www.rackzone.ie/shelving/metal-shelving here are some interesting facts about the metal that you may not know.
- Steel is an alloy that is made up of iron, tin and carbon. It is due to this mixture of materials that makes the steel able to withstand corrosion as well as high heats and pressures.
- Steel is over 1000 times stronger than iron
- When steel is recycle and reused it retains its original strength making it a more sustainable metal to use
- The global steel industry is thought to be worth over $900 billion and is thought to employ over 2 million across the world
- Japan and China produce the most steel with the United States coming in third.
- Over 75% of all major household appliance are made with the majority of their outer elements from steel
- When steel is used in roof construction the roof can last for over 50 years whereas a traditional roof will last around 17 years
- Steel bridges can be up to eight times lighter than those that are made from concrete