You’ve finally faced the future and gotten yourself some lovely Laminate Wood Flooring. However, you might well be at a bit of a loss as to how to keep it spotless and clean. You’ll also want to make sure that the brilliant shine it currently has stays like that as long as possible.
- Vacuum or sweep it regularly. If you thought that you could dodge this chore you’d be sadly wrong. Any floor gets dirty and this traditional method is always a good idea. The last thing that you want is bits of grit scratching the surface.
- Sweep it with a microfibre cloth. These are specially created to clean laminate floors picking up all the fluff and dust that can accumulate.
- Make sure you can clean up the floor with a solution. You can purchase one if you wish but a homemade one using vinegar and water is just as efficient. What’s sad is that when you do buy a commercial one you’re really just paying for the fragrance, unless you like the smell of vinegar.
- Don’t use too much water or an abrasive brush or scouring pad. Water can soak into the wood and cause it to expand and split. A scouring pad or similar will just scratch the surface.
- Do not use bleach under any circumstances.